Smite Chat and Tactics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Smite Chat and Tactics
Smite Chat and Tactics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:21 am
Latest topics
» For residents & visitors
by arka222 Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:21 pm

» Future of the Clan!
by arka222 Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:26 pm

» evaluation on Clans gameplay
by arka222 Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:16 am

» Beastykazz aka Danni
by arka222 Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:49 pm

» Fill Player Statistics
by arka222 Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:44 am

» a little bit of science
by arka222 Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:22 pm

» Members who leave the Clan
by arka222 Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:56 pm

» It Hurts! when u lose
by arka222 Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:55 pm

» My home county
by dichroist Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:27 am

» Hall of Statistics
by dichroist Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:01 am

Translate the forums !
World Clock

evaluation on Clans gameplay

+2
dichroist
Bootyliciouzz
6 posters

Go down

evaluation on Clans gameplay Empty evaluation on Clans gameplay

Post by Bootyliciouzz Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:29 am

Hi all ,

I would like to start this thread off by saying this is not offensive or destructive thread
It would be an awesome idea to talk here about our gameplay as a team
So far ive noticed that most members of AA are good players
But when it comes to fighting in a team there are alot of faults that shouldent happen
This being
1) Many times the minions can rush through our portal
2) Our tanks play VERY aggressive while the damage dealers stay in the back being to late to help out
3) The focus needs improvement
4) whenever we need to retreat its all for themself , resulting in the squishies being picked out fast n easy

These are points everyone needs to work on as a team , this can only improve by playing more n more games together
So , with this being said i would like how other clanmembers think/feel about this

Remember its a constructive feedback , calling out names or breaking down clanmembers wont help
Thnx
Bootyliciouzz
Bootyliciouzz

Back to top Go down

evaluation on Clans gameplay Empty Re: evaluation on Clans gameplay

Post by dichroist Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:39 am

Hi,

we sure need more communication. We don't need to be on curse every game, ofc more people there, the easier it is. But we should discuss our plans more.

1) That I see as the mages 1st priority, and I try to do it as well as I can every time I mage. One related issue is the siege towers, which are easier for physicals to destroy and they aren't always alert enough to help.

2) Communication and map awareness, the clear mage shouldn't really come help if there's minions alive though. The minions give so many points if properly disposed of.

3) That is what I meant in the intro, we should notice which enemy can escape easiest, which are unlikely to be caught etc.

4) That is usually a symptom of going too deep and using most of your mana on the attack. We need to remember that wipes seldom happen in arena and if we're near enemy spawn the enemies come back very quckly.

I at least am seeing a bit of our habits already, which of us are more aggressive and which not and such. We will get there eventually.

dichroist
dichroist
dichroist
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastykazz Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:49 pm

Hey all beastykazz joining in.

My thoughts on the clans play.

Arena/assault

What to improve:

1) Minions as mentioned above is important in arena, we need to have more focus on them, they do play a big role in arena.

2) Evaluate the opponent team, who to focus? who should i show repect? (meaning a god that may counter you) Talk with the team about it.

3) Play as a team. say whenever you got ult, and when you go in and help each others. Look at the mini map, and keep an eye out for your team.

4) Know your god strenght and weakness, and play accordingly. (dont go vs a loki if you a weak mage with no cc)

5) Dont over blame anyone in the chat, give constructive critic and tell them what to do to improve their play.

6) Know what to buy, and what helps the team, here i am thinking about assault - Salvation.

There is prob more we should improve, but here are some off the important stuf atleast what i can think off right now.

One thing more that may just be my opinion: I think we should learn to be more aggresive, i see alot of games in arena atleast where (some people) play very deffensive and allways have a habbit off staying in the background all the time, and play very passive if you ask me. That dosnt really help the team, but may help the opponent team to make a play or have control of the minions.

Anyway thats all i got atm hope you can use it.

Beastykazz out-
Beastykazz
Beastykazz

Back to top Go down

Post by arka222 Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:16 pm

Beastykazz wrote:Hey all beastykazz joining in.

My thoughts on the clans play.

Arena/assault

What to improve:

1) Minions as mentioned above is important in arena, we need to have more focus on them, they do play a big role in arena.

2) Evaluate the opponent team, who to focus? who should i show repect? (meaning a god that may counter you) Talk with the team about it.

3) Play as a team. say whenever you got ult, and when you go in and help each others. Look at the mini map, and keep an eye out for your team.

4) Know your god strenght and weakness, and play accordingly. (dont go vs a loki if you a weak mage with no cc)

5) Dont over blame anyone in the chat, give constructive critic and tell them what to do to improve their play.

6) Know what to buy, and what helps the team, here i am thinking about assault - Salvation.

There is prob more we should improve, but here are some off the important stuf atleast what i can think off right now.

One thing more that may just be my opinion: I think we should learn to be more aggresive, i see alot of games in arena atleast where (some people) play very deffensive and allways have a habbit off staying in the background all the time, and play very passive if you ask me. That dosnt really help the team, but may help the opponent team to make a play or have control of the minions.

Anyway thats all i got atm hope you can use it.

Beastykazz out-
Absolutely right, I also see less aggression in the clan. We lose on minions and the disadvantage of staying back is that you are late to the occasion most of the time or wrongly positioned. When the enemy attacks with his siegeĀ  it is then hard to even defend a siege going in.
arka222
arka222
Editor
Editor

http://teamaa.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Dammu Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:44 pm

I can start to play minion-clear mages instead of supports, when we are doing Arena with full party. I dont feel the temptation to ignore minions and go fight in the "side-jungle". I only go when there's enough time until the next wave. It's boring sometimes, but essential and I dont mind doing it, altough I'd prefer other roles.
We should also determine who plays which role/god before entering the queue to maximize our team-comp. It works only with full party, but still. If some1 goes He Bo for burst damage and kills, then the other mage MUST be minion-clearer(KKK, Pos, Agni, Scylla), not some1 like Chronos or Freya.
Dammu
Dammu
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by arka222 Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:16 pm

I have found a nice combo for Arena. The only problem with wave clear for a mage is the cooldown on skills. I cant help an initiate by tank if i had just used my wave clear on minions. Hence, its always good to call and be ready bfr initiating attack. The best god for initiate in Arena to me is Odin Odin . He has a very low cooldown on ultimate and can initiate or use his ultimate whenever he wants. It is also good for mages to burst with him in the team. He only fails when enemy team has escape artists.
arka222
arka222
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dammu Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:04 am

There are lot of good combos. And not everything works with Odin and he can be countered, but he is one of the good ones to iniate - he was used alot in league too. But we cant build our comp around one god.
Dammu
Dammu
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by arka222 Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:34 am

Dammu wrote:There are lot of good combos. And not everything works with Odin and he can be countered, but he is one of the good ones to iniate - he was used alot in league too. But we cant build our comp around one god.

Yes, Odin is not the only one their is Bacchus Bacchus too, who is pretty good at initiating. Building a clan team is a different issue. The approach needs to be aggressive whatever be the composition. Tanks are their to provide CC, mages r their to burst down enemy HP. Assassins r their to finish people off. The ones with a good start can carry late game.
arka222
arka222
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastykazz Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:07 am

Dammu wrote:I can start to play minion-clear mages instead of supports, when we are doing Arena with full party. I dont feel the temptation to ignore minions and go fight in the "side-jungle". I only go when there's enough time until the next wave. It's boring sometimes, but essential and I dont mind doing it, altough I'd prefer other roles.
We should also determine who plays which role/god before entering the queue to maximize our team-comp. It works only with full party, but still. If some1 goes He Bo for burst damage and kills, then the other mage MUST be minion-clearer(KKK, Pos, Agni, Scylla), not some1 like Chronos or Freya.

You are so right, that would be nice with a full group.
Beastykazz
Beastykazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dammu Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:39 pm

And we could also have fun with some MOTD's.
For example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgqht7GR3hk
Dammu
Dammu
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by arka222 Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:24 am

Today's MOTD is also great fun, cavalry charge. Their R a lot of fun things we can do as a clan too make no mistake :p
arka222
arka222
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by minneetje Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:48 am

imo where we fail a lot even by the members above :) is that our gaurdians/bruisers are .overextending towards enemy base

Like i said in my guide of ares arena its no wise to fight at the enemies base. Best get the kill and retreat. It's very appealing to hang arround as a tank or herc or any tanky warrior but all you do is hurt your mages or adc with your showbooting.

You dont even always have to be the front player to be a good gaurdian. Vs a loki or ao who can stealth into your mage/adc i try to stay just in range to aid them when attacked. Also youraura items are well intended but if u are one off those gaurdians that only walks forward without having an eye on your team they are of no use.

What i see a lot of aresses do (or any other gaurdian) is blink in while their teammates are not there. I made this mistake also a lot and curse could be helpfull here cause im not doing to much vvvr vvvd ingame as it kinda puts my game off.

What i havent seen mentioned before is that very few people in our clan are seeing the importance of buff camps in arena. In conquest they fight for it risk a death for it. But when it comes to arena people just go rage mode.
minneetje
minneetje
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by dichroist Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:50 am

It's hard to assess the situation with buff camps really, they are the choke points of arena and if you get caught, it's hard to get out. Also if there is a bigger fight, someone needs to clear the minions too. Even worse there can be a siege minion coming as well.

It pays off to check their timers and try to get some buffs but not get killed for them or worse, those are my thoughts on this subject.

I try to preach the strike and retreat-pattern myself, but I don't know how people can sometimes be so chase-oriented. Beats me.

dichroist
dichroist
dichroist
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beastykazz Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:50 am

Just wanna give a shout out for your mention on the buffs minnetje.

I "Allways" blink when im going buffs but 80% or more of the times, people just ignore the buff, witch i really dont get why ? :D its only an advantage to get so why not pick it up^^
Beastykazz
Beastykazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dammu Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:55 pm

I mainly use buff camps to iniate/bait fights.

Are buffs important? - YES
Are they more important than a minionwave thats entering our portal? - HELL NO!

I see it too much. People go fighting over buffs and forgetting minions.

BTW. Lately I have been winning alot when playing with you guys. So, I think were on the right track.

PS! Even with those wins, I still see you ignoring the fact that we need LAST HITS ON MINIONS. For example, kills are even (5-5), but we are down by 15 tickets <- this means, we suck at minion clear.

I will stress the word-pair "last hit". Not just damage, but the damage that eventually kills the minion. When Poseidon uses his whirlpool on minions and minions still stay alive with low health and get kills by our minions, then it doesnt lower their ticket count.
If big minions are fighting in the middle amongst themselves and our minion has lower health, then let their minion kill ours first, so they wont get their last hit.
Dammu
Dammu
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by minneetje Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:58 pm

imo this is the order at wich we all should fight

minnions>
not dying (dont trade deaths by chasing!)>
getting a kill from someone out of position (retreat afterwards if theres not a good oppertunty>
buffcamps (give ur team the gold advantage and a buff to boot)

im not saying buffcamps are more important then anything but they make the difference between an ok team and a good team. Imo oppinion it would be a bad idea to assign 2 members in your crew to deal with buff camps while the other 3 kill minnions and savegaurd left side for ganks on the camps.

It would be awesome to get more people on curse as in real games it's very hard to predict who is doing what. Someone died or is chasing or just backing. I think a lot of mistakes and bad plays can be prevented when we get more people on curse.
minneetje
minneetje
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by arka222 Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:44 am

IĀ believe winning games is not related to Curse, but for understanding each other's point of view and evolving as a group who understands each other and long term friendship, it is nice to communicate, yes.
arka222
arka222
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by minneetje Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:57 pm

btw for u vulcan lovers. lvl 5 turret can solo a buff camp so that a free Gold: 91
Exp: 229 for just putting ur turret down if noone is contesting it or teammates near it.
minneetje
minneetje
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by arka222 Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:16 am

minneetje wrote:btw for u vulcan lovers. lvl 5 turret can solo a buff camp so that a free Gold: 91
Exp: 229 for just putting ur turret down if noone is contesting it or teammates near it.
Nice observation. Yes turret is a great tool while solo jungling. It tanks as well as does damage.
arka222
arka222
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum