Smite Chat and Tactics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Smite Chat and Tactics
Smite Chat and Tactics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:21 am
Latest topics
» For residents & visitors
by arka222 Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:21 pm

» Future of the Clan!
by arka222 Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:26 pm

» evaluation on Clans gameplay
by arka222 Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:16 am

» Beastykazz aka Danni
by arka222 Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:49 pm

» Fill Player Statistics
by arka222 Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:44 am

» a little bit of science
by arka222 Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:22 pm

» Members who leave the Clan
by arka222 Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:56 pm

» It Hurts! when u lose
by arka222 Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:55 pm

» My home county
by dichroist Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:27 am

» Hall of Statistics
by dichroist Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:01 am

Translate the forums !
World Clock

my ares build arena

3 posters

Go down

my ares build arena Empty my ares build arena

Post by minneetje Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:46 am

Ares So i play arena a lot as ares and wanted to share my build and why it is so effective.

I came by this build by watching saicredTV on youtube who played an awesome ares in diamond league.

Note this is a bruiser build. Works best with another bruiser or tank in arena.

my first 2 items always the same:

1st item: shoes of focus (cdr, mana, movement speed)
2th item: winged blade (health, cdr, movement speed)

(start with tier2 boots and tier 1 blink. Finish of boots before ult is nice but if i can get an early kill without them i will take it.
After the first cdr item you will need tier 2 blink wich will be enough for the entire game.
But i always go tier 3 when i can just for blinking on a retreating enemy and chain him.

These 2 items alone give ares kill potential. With the movement speed you outrun pretty much everyone in the game as most people just take boots.
So this makes it eassier to get close and land that first chain. Once you have the first chain they are slowed 15% for 4 seconds.
you have 2 seconds to apply second chain after the first. The slow stacks and with your movement speed its way eassier to hit the second and third chain.
Early game 3 chains take about 40% out of every characters hp-bar then its time to finish them with your and by this time the enemy is slowed for another
4 seconds so your team should be finishing this off if they pay attention.

this is why i max my 1 first. then i max 3. Depending how we are doing i max 2 for defence or 4 for more damage on your ult.

So at this point i have very little protection so you have to be carefull for burst character's when u blink in.
You movement speed however will get u out of a lot of situations and winged want actualy increases your speed when slowed once every 30 seconds.

next item depends on enemy team. Ussualy i go for:

3th item: mail of renewel: this puts my cdr on 35 wich is enough to beat beads. Also the passive and health are great.

Sometimes i go with:

Spirit robe if the enemy team has a lot of magical damage. (like in assault vs 4 or 5 magical)

Next up i go with:

4th item. void stone this item has an auro wich gives ares a bonus 30 magical power.
So it effectively gives 50 magical protection 70 magical power and has an aura that reduces enemies magic protection by 15.
This items works really well with his ult when u pull and when u chain a enemy and your magical teammates attack.

From here on it's optional: my preference goes to:

witch blade: for the movement speed and at this point in the game enemy assasins and or adc's start to do a lot of damage so the phys resist and attack speed reduction on enemies are great
pestilence: gives ares 30 magical power as it is an aura item as well as health and magical protection.
Sovereignty: if your party is doing bad this is the prefered option gives them all some protections and yourself health and phys def + its an auro items so 30 magical power.

This build overcomes the problem ares has when only relying on his ult like most people do.
Lot of ares players have great succes vs noobs that dont buy beads. But against a good team your ult is mostly just doing damage not pulling anyone in
unless your teammates can force someone to pop beads.

with this build u are dangerous with your ult as well as zone out enemies chained by you. Any mage assasin adc is in big problems when you get 3 chains on them.
Ares is really good since you pretty much force every enemy that doesnt have the skills to counter the ult to buy tier 3 beads early and even tier 1 aegis to completly nullify being pulled. Thats at least 900 early game gold per enemy god not spend on items > so less damage on enemy team early game.

There are many game where i come out top kills and damage as a bruiser. I'm not afraid to take early kills altough i get yelled at a lot in random parties.
Early gold for ares means shorter cooldowns and more kills for the team.

So maybe one day i can add a video to this how i play him but for now try it for yourselfs.

Have fun. Ares Ares Ares

Last edited by minneetje on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
minneetje
minneetje
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

my ares build arena Empty Re: my ares build arena

Post by dichroist Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:51 am

Hello minne,

I think I said once in clan chat that I've watched saicred too. :lol:

You kinda described Ares perfectly. Usually the time when I play SWK in arena is when there is an Ares in my team and we need the secondary tank.

When I nowadays play Ares (in arena) I build the same items you described, although I pretty much always build sov in 4th slot. And the 5th and 6th slot depending what kind of gods do well on the opposing team. So you can alternate between void stone, pestilence, witchblade, maybe even pythagoram's if you're ahead. Second active for saicred was curse if I recall correctly. The type depends on enemy comp I guess.

Thanks for sharing this and hopefully we can encourage others to pick up Ares to their god pool.
dichroist
dichroist
dichroist
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by arka222 Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:27 pm

Ares is such an enforcer to be honest in Arena. Even if he builds tanky,  he is more of a bruiser bcz of the passive. A strong Ares is victory most times. In arena  I rate Bacchus pretty highly too bcz of his AOE CCs and great escape/initiate in belly flop!
arka222
arka222
Editor
Editor

http://teamaa.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down