Smite Chat and Tactics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Smite Chat and Tactics
Smite Chat and Tactics
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 77 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:21 am
Latest topics
» For residents & visitors
by arka222 Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:21 pm

» Future of the Clan!
by arka222 Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:26 pm

» evaluation on Clans gameplay
by arka222 Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:16 am

» Beastykazz aka Danni
by arka222 Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:49 pm

» Fill Player Statistics
by arka222 Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:44 am

» a little bit of science
by arka222 Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:22 pm

» Members who leave the Clan
by arka222 Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:56 pm

» It Hurts! when u lose
by arka222 Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:55 pm

» My home county
by dichroist Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:27 am

» Hall of Statistics
by dichroist Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:01 am

Translate the forums !
World Clock

Discussion: non-guardian tanking in assault

3 posters

Go down

Discussion: non-guardian tanking in assault Empty Discussion: non-guardian tanking in assault

Post by dichroist Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:24 am

Hi,

I just wanted to start talking about a somewhat common situation. Assault RNG gives you a team comp without a traditional tank.

I have done this a few times. Some gods I think can yield some results are Thor, Nemesis and Osiris. Vamana is also on the fringe. The problem with him is that you are not a credible threat without a hastalis or other items to help you do dmg in ult form. And then you aren't tanky enough to take hits for the team to catch up.

I surely remeber a match with Osiris, I told my team I would tank, it ended up being a clear victory for us despite me dieing over ten times. I said in aftermatch-lobby "focus the tank more pls". I guess some players think an assassin type god is always a damage threat and don't check items or anything.

Of course the problem is that these gods aren't as tanky as the common tanks, which imo means you need good communication of when you are going in. That is often lacking in solo que assault, so you end up losing miserably.

Comments/own experiences?

dichroist
dichroist
dichroist
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Discussion: non-guardian tanking in assault Empty Re: Discussion: non-guardian tanking in assault

Post by arka222 Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:15 pm

IMO a team definitely needs a tank to survive and have more chances of winning. I have tanked with a lot of assasins/warriors and have won games. Thor, Fenrir, HunBatz, etc they all can be great situational tanks. The problem comes with mages and hunters, it is often difficult to play them as tanks. Also, stacking up defense makes no sense unless you can build some peel with it. Items like sovereignty is good but if you build yourself with greaves, bulwark of hope, etc with zero power, it wont help the team IMO bcz ur base stats are not as strong as normal guardians.
arka222
arka222
Editor
Editor

http://teamaa.org

Back to top Go down

Discussion: non-guardian tanking in assault Empty Re: Discussion: non-guardian tanking in assault

Post by dichroist Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:08 am

How did I forget Fenrir, my bad. The dog is useful as well.

I guess I'd build bruiser items (Witchblade, Void Shield, Runic Shield etc.) after getting Sov and usually cdr boots.

Yeah, getting a mage/hunter combo with no other classes would be quite hard to pull a win out of. If you'd get Aphro or Chang'e it could work.

We must continue to worship the RNG to prevent that from happening :P

dichroist
dichroist
dichroist
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by arka222 Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:32 pm

1. In smite stats for the past month reinforced greaves Reinforced Greaves  and runic shield Runic Shield are one of the least used items across all modes!

2. Greaves are a hint too expensive at the moment. And bcz they have no power to them they just wont give any kind of peel to the tank.

3. Shield of regrowth Shield of Regrowth is a great item for me. It gives bonus hp5 and health steroids as passive. I like to build it on hybrid builds.

Last edited by arka222 on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
arka222
arka222
Editor
Editor

http://teamaa.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Dammu Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:10 pm

Discussion: non-guardian tanking in assault 829494764 <- Shield of Regrowth (the one with HP5). I use it alot in assault.
Runic shield is the other one with more protections, but no HP5 and I never use it.
Dammu
Dammu
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dammu Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:20 pm

You can win easily without tanks/bruisers in assault. All mages actually works really well. The damage is so huge even if they build protections and a lot of mages have some great CC to initiate.
What doesnt work well is if you have mostly hunters (just single-target damage with no real BURST), but atleast you stay at a safe distance. All physical melee kinda sucks even more.
Dammu
Dammu
Editor
Editor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down